Saturday, September 21, 2013

Formula 1 Motor Racing








Well it's all go on the sporting front this weekend with the Amercias Cup Racing in San Francisco and the F1 Racing here in Singapore.  Possibly not the best weekend for my Dad to arrive in town - the city is literally rocking with visitors.  I decided to head down town early this morning on my 100 min scheduled training run to have a look around and see what was going on - 



I guess it was a little too early for any action but great to see so many Porsches all in the same place at one time.  It was a bit of a mission getting around the city with all the road closures (even for those of us out running so early in the morning).


I was trying out a new drink bottle today (the Floe bottle)  in preparation for running the marathon in hot and humid temperatures.  Firstly I made a slushy out of ice that I had frozen with my electrolytes in :



And then poured this into my floe bottle....


I have to say it was wonderful being able to drink an icey cold drink along the way - great for cooling purposes -  usually its only a matter of minutes before my water bottle heats up and warm fluids are not nice to drink on a really hot day.  So a thumbs up on this water bottle.

I am also very pleased to say that on day 15 of the Paleo diet I finally had an amazing run - my legs had felt like concrete since I started the 30 day Paleo challenge and it was with some trepidation that I stepped out the door this morning.  I kept the walk / run routine going - amended it to walk 2 mins and run 8 mins and this approach worked wonders.  If felt great for the whole 100 mins.  Perhaps my body is getting used to fat adaption (and believe me there is plenty of fat to adapt to fuel - although a bit less now after 15 days of Paleo eating).  

And one really can't complain about this new way of eating - after my long run I jumped in the pool to cool off and then sat down to this amazing breakfast - poached salmon, 3 fried eggs (fried in coconut oil) and roasted Kumera.....YUM!









No comments:

Post a Comment