Saturday, October 17, 2015

We aren't the only ones who are winning...

With 4 weeks to go now, this weekend was the biggest week of training for Simone and I with 6.5 hours training in total to be completed.

So at 6.30 am on Saturday morning Simone and I headed off once again along the beaches and coastal walkways up to Torbay and back - we ran for 4 hours and 6 minutes and covered 30kms - which from a distance perspective doesn't sound a lot but the terrain really does slow us down.  The crazy thing is that four hours doesn't seem as long as it did a few weeks ago now that we have some seriously long runs in the bank - I guess thats the purpose of building the distances over a period of 10-12 weeks.

Then this morning with the All Black's playing France starting at 8am I got up extra early to finish the next 2.5 hours of training so that I could enjoy watching the game with good friends (as I suspect all New Zealanders were doing today).  Coach Sue had told me just to spend the 2.5 hours on my feet whether it was walking or jogging so I took her advice - actually I mostly jogged along but towards the end I stopped in at the Takapuna Beach Cafe for a spicy chai latte (made with almond milk as I have dropped dairy out of my diet) and then stopped in at the Takapuna Markets to get some strawberries to take to breakfast.

Soph and I then headed off to Clara and Jason's for an awesome bacon and egg breakfast whilst watching the All Black's play and win an amazing game of rugby- absolutely outstanding result.

Then once the business end of the weekend was completed it was time to jump into the spa pool to take the aches out of my very tired legs - whilst continuing to enjoy such great company!


Until next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment